I am a PMO Professional as mid-career level. I recently joined a small IT company 3 months ago.
As I am working in my current role I have identified lots of issues and improvement areas(Project management perspective) which I wish to share with our SVP and CEO. I need a help from a Veteran project management expert to help me put it forward in best and professional manner to create a right first impression.
- Project Management - Project managers are not actually trainer project managers, but technical leads, solutions architects etc. No project plan being maintained, no project documents, no project scope defined. No WBS's created(all resources are billed on TnM basis). Almost all of the work is done via SOWs.
- Reporting - No monthly, weekly reports which can help leadership. I am creating a WSR weekly but that makes no sense as there is no mechanism to track or check if the information added in correct.
- Resource & capacity planning - Improper resource planning. Resources are moved/ transferred/ released without any notice period. Not able to track real resource allocations or forecast(as there is no work plan available for any project)
- Hiring and recruitment - Improper hiring practices, almost 80% resources are hired on immediate basis and they too leave on immediate basis.
- Documentation - No one is maintaining the documentations. No process documents, no process flows, no project plans, project charter, risks and issues tracker etc.
These are some of the area i could think of as of writing this email. I would love to discuss with you further.
By the way, I am currently studying for PMP exam and thought that this initiative will really help me.
Looking for someone whom I can afford to hire :)
14 pekerja bebas membida secara purata ₹9502 untuk pekerjaan ini
I am a seasond project management professional and can help you to create required documents. Relevant Skills and Experience Project Management, Partner Management, Resource Management, Risk Management.