Code Aster is an open source Finite Element Analysis package which is developed and maintained by the French company EDF under the GPL license. Version [url removed, login to view] of the source code for Linux is available in [url removed, login to view] format from the EDF website here: [url removed, login to view] Much of the supporting documentation and the source code comments themselves are in French however some supporting documentation is available in English and the number is increasing. No knowledge of French is required for this project.
Code Aster is written in C, Python and Fortran.
The compressed file contains: source code for the reference libraries; Code Aster source code; setup and configuration scripts and README files (in English).
- Build a working development environment within Eclipse Indigo operating on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS for Code Aster and all referenced projects
- Configure Eclipse so that Code Aster and all referenced libraries can be built, compiled and run from within the Eclipse Indigo IDE
Deliverables (on completion):
- detailed instructions (i.e. STEP BY STEP) instructions in MS Word on how to replicate and build the development environment in Eclipse from scratch
- a compressed file containing the Eclipse workspace, constituent projects and all setup and configuration folders so that the workspace can be opened straight away and is "ready to go"
- open source libraries should be used as opposed to proprietary (i.e. Intel compilers)
- it is assumed that Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers is the core download proect with PyDev
- it is expected that the project will comprise of a single Eclipse workspace with constituent projects representing the individual libraries
- support will be available (from the UK) to answer general questions regarding the scope of work throughout the task
- no change or additions to the source code are expected during this project however Eclipse setup and build files will be required to be created to enable the build and compilation of the project
- should the project be completed within cost and timescales then further work may be available
I have years of experience in linux programming and ever developed software with eclipse. Proficient in c and Fortran language. fimilar with Python .I assure you that the work will be of the best quality.