I want to build a custom OpenVPN installer and a simple interface to connect and disconnect the VPN. The requirements are:
- Must support Windows XP, Vista and Seven.
- The installer must be a single .exe file with unattended installation (only confirmation must be required to the user).
- The application must place an icon in the systray. The user connection will be controlled by this icon. It should change the color from green to red when it's connected or disconnected.
- The interface to connect the VPN must be a windows that requires user, password and drop-down menu with the list of VPN servers to connect. This list will be retrieded from some URL (json). Must have a checkbox to save the user and password (with simple encryption).
- The application should have an option to start automatically at boot time and checkbox to connect automatically.
- The application MUST BE coded in Python using a portable library like wxPython. This application will be ported to Linux in a near future.
- I want all the scripts and instructions to build the installer from the source.
I'll provide the OpenVPN server and the configuration template.
Let me know if you have question.