Use twisted ([url removed, login to view]) framework to implement a LDAP server.
Is like OPENLDAP (but in minimal form) on top of twisted which is an async network library which should do lot's of the heavy lifting.
- allow to create network server which will be ldap, smb, ftp, ... server (see also other project to create cifs server).
- will be part of [url removed, login to view] site
- implement ldap server on top of python twisted
- a client LDAP library for twisted does already exists
- support for 2 backends:
-- 1: the backend is an object structure in memory (e.g. group->user...)
-- 2: another LDAP server
- keep it simple
- code will be given back to community
- should be packaged as a vapp (see [url removed, login to view])