Small start-up is looking for a P2P filesharing system for legal sharing of files, written in *well documented* Python.
The paradigm we are looking for is similar to that of BitTorrent. In fact, you are allowed to leverage the existing BitTorrent code if that will reduce cost/timeline/complications. Even if you don’t, we strongly suggest you get familiar with the BitTorrent paradigm, as that is our point of reference.
A few extras that we want:
- A method of adding users. Every user will have a user name, profile, and list of available files to share.
- A method of bookkeeping. The program needs to be able to know who uploaded/downloaded how much of which file to who, and when.
- A method of controlling which files can be traded on the network.
- A simple GUI with a search feature that will allow users to search or browse available files.
- A central tracker that acts as a traffic cop directing peers to each other, but that does not pass along any of the files themselves.
- If you do leverage the BitTorrent code, you need a way to hide the .torrent files from the end user.
I have thought out in detail how I each of these steps can be implemented, but am very willing to listen to suggestions. Flex your creativity! This does mean that you need to be very fluent in English, and have access to a program such as Google Talk.
Professional and well-communicated work will *definitely* lead to other projects.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $1307 for this job
Dear Customer, We also propose 6 month of warranty on any web-based solution that we provide so that none of our clients feel stranded in case they will face problems with the work. Satisfaction is Guaranteed.