Milestone-based contract position within Engineering Team of a VP App close to completion and launch. Looking for a Technical Project Manager that can complete some Python Desktop Development work.
Candidate Requirement: Must be able to provide min. 2 professional references from past supervisors or clients.
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER DUTIES:
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout the entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget (cost-benefit and return-on-investment standards), and timeline – including project and publishing timeline.
- Manage project team (including 3rd party service providers) and progress continuously and complete scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Troubleshooting with team to identify bottlenecks, issues, and problems to create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Design UML diagrams for system requirement
- Design System architecture for integrating different technology stacks “Firebase, 3rd party cloud SDK, Unity, IOS, Android and PyQt ”
- Approve design feasibility related to technical challenges in VR
- Code review
- Repo management
PYTHON DESKTOP DEVELOPER DUTIES:
- Use Python (and Qt, QML, OpenGL, numpy) to implement new features and maintain existing features for the desktop frontend.
- Create prototypes for new ideas and features
- Understand end-user requirements to provide technical solutions, UI designs, and implement new software features.
- Develop a clear, reliable, and robust desktop AP which allows 3rd party plug-ins. Ensuring testing layers, including building a test suite to detect bugs, errors for app, including unit-test, integration test, end-to-end test. Add and update tests as the application scales up.
Required Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Up to 2 years of application programming experience as Python Developer
- Up to 2 years of Technical Project Manager
- Programming languages experience: C, C++, Python, C#, Swift, Java, JS
- Experience in UI development, preferably in CAE/CAD/3D graphics applications
- Leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience with JIRA project management software
- Experience in Mobile development, Software development, and Software architecture.
- Experience with SCRUM and Kanban
- Developed a desktop software
- Knowledge of Apple ecosystem
- Experience developing a modular software
- Published at least an App to App Store and Google Play
- Experience with integrating Payment Gateways
- Prior experience with Unity VR, VNC protocols, and ARKit preferred