Hi, I need a very easy-to-manage method of displaying photos and videos in a random order on a Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb RAM version) which copies files from a Windows 10 shared folder and regularly updates those files:
- Works on Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb edition)
- Connect via Wifi
- Displays photos (.jpg, .png) and videos (.mp4) in a random order
- Easily choose which Windows 10 Shared folders to add/delete from the USB
- Copies photos and videos from Windows 10 Shared folders onto an external USB (connected to Raspberry Pi) and displays the pics/vids directly from the USB not from the Pi SD card (so it can run if the connection to the Windows 10 Shared folder is disconnected and there is plenty of space)
- Update the files from the selected Windows 10 Shared folder(s) every 30 mins
- Can display slideshow on 1 screen or 2 screens (different pictures/videos on each screen) connected to 1 Raspberry Pi
- Run on a set daily schedule (shuts Pi and screens down at a set time every day)
- Either boot directly from the SD OR work from within RaspbianOS
I am happy to use any realistic existing solution e.g. OMV, Samba etc. I have also paid for 'Binary Emotions Raspberry Slideshow' which may help the speed of this project - it currently does a large amount of my requested features but does not have a 'random' display feature or display 2 different images/vids on 2 screens. If you can accomplish those 2 features with that existing software that would be fine by me (it boots directly from the SD, not using Raspbian OS).
I want a total cost for this job, I'm not expecting it to take an expert very long, especially if using existing tools.
If you have any questions just let me know, thanks.