Aim: develop a realistic model of a parallel type robot for performing interventions
GUI: Generate a GUI that will be used to (1) enter parameters, (2) communicate with the control of the
robot, (3) View results and (4) Save results
- A pop-up window will be dedicated for viewing the robot
- Other graphic outputs (graphs etc) will be presented in pop-up windows
- Data will be saved in files in Excel format
- Graphics will be saved as JPEG
- Video will be saved as AVI
Robot 3D Model: In a 3D volume generate a high fidelity 3D model of this robot
- The robot dimensions should be adjustable: Create a pop-up screen on your GUI to manually enter
(1) the dimension of this robot, (2) the allowed maximum movements for each DoF, (3) to store
them on a file and (4) to recover stored robot structures
- The robot should be actuatable: This means that each one of the DoF changes based on your
commands or the commands of the control module. This should be accurately and realistically
reflected in the model of the robot. Be aware, if you actuate one DoF then there might be parts that
will move. This must be included in your code and the design!
- Virtual Joystick: Create a virtual joystick pop-up screen for controlling the 5 DoF of the robot. Any
command you enter through this joystick must update the robot model. Important: when you actuate
any DoF on the virtual joystick screen must show and update the values of the robot geometry.
Suggestion: for the each stage add two orthogonal block-arrows to activate its 2DoF. Then add a
slider for the 5th DoF that is the insertion of the needle.
- Virtual motors: Incorporate delay in the response of the motors. Have a dedicated pop-up menu to
enter this delay as one of the parameters
- Forward Kinematics: Solve the forward kinematics equations and incorporate them in the control.
Using the joystick you should control the robot to hit a target manually.
- Inverse Kinematics: Solve the inverse kinematics and incorporate them in the control. When a
target is given then the robot should be able to automatically acquire this target. When doing that
the 3D model should show its motion in 4D
I need the model to be designed using the forward and inverse kinematic equations given in the attached PDF. i'll discuss the project in detail once the bid is done