Below you will find a high-level overview of our needs.
I am in need of an RFP.
Black Box VR is a new fitness concept that is merging resistance training with custom virtual reality fitness experiences. Think competitive gaming meets exercise. We have really been watching the increasing popularity of esports and are trying to create one of the worlds largest vsports (virtual sports). We want our concept to be a great deal different from what exists in the marketplace at this time.
Our first location will have the following:
1. 14 cable resistance machines with VR units. These units will be enclosed within a 10 x 10 exercise space.
2. Front lobby/desk area for member greeting and check-in.
3. 4 bathrooms with showers
4. Common area with vanity for getting ready
5. Locker area with 24 lockers.
6. Warm up area with ancillary VR units for additional exercise activities (space allotment up for debate)
7. No juice bar - instead we will have high-end vending machines with RTDs (ready to drinks) and other supplements.
8. A storage area for machine components, cleaning supplies, and washer/dryer.
9. An area for Black Box merchandise
10. An office space for manager and sales that has enough space for a body scanning machine - Styku
11. Space in lobby for a large LED wall.
As a startup we need to be cognizant of cost. I think we can save some costs because almost half of our spaces will be taken up by the 10 x 10 exercise spaces. Each 10 x 10 will need to be structurally stable enough to support an individual if they should fall into a wall and must have some padding. The tops of each space will be open for ventilation and sprinkler system access.
We believe that much of the desired feel of this space will be captured by great lighting and the incorporation of the imagery and avatars brought over from our games (see attached link)
We should be in a position to take possession of the space on June 1, and would like to have a soft opening in late September. We have three months rent-free.
We hope the design concept will be something we can potentially carry over to other corporate or franchise locations later on.
Please provide me with a proposal, cost estimates per square foot if possible, and a line-item breakdown of expenses so I can compare with other bids. I would also like to know when you can start, if we can get approvals from the city by June 1, 2018, and if a 12 to 14 week (June 1 to mid September) is a time frame in which constructed could be completed.
Please follow the link below to download a PDF containing mood board and inspirational photos and CAD files. Lastly, the LOI is attached so you can see what is being provided by the landlord and what we at Black Box are responsible for.
[login to view URL]