1. Analyse the given operating system for vulnerabilities.
2. Exploit all discovered vulnerabilities to gain root access to the operating system.
3. Produce a report summarizing your penetration testing processes and findings.
You are to plan and execute a penetration test of the computer system hosted in the VM, following a formal, recognised methodology. Which methodology you choose is up to you, but you must give a brief rationale as to why you have selected it.
The scope of the test is limited to the IP address of the VM, and to any discovered open ports.
You have to submit a single document with a word count of between 2000 and 4000 words, excluding appendices. You must display the word count figure on your title page.
Your report will include (as a minimum) a title page, introduction and summary.
The content of your report will contain:
1. Brief rationale of the chosen methodology.
2. Details of the vulnerabilities you have discovered. Screenshot.
3. Descriptions of the exploits you used to exploit the discovered vulnerabilities.
4. Details of unsuccessful tests.
5. The process and techniques you used, including the tools and commands used.
6. Possible mitigations for each of the vulnerabilities.
Your submitted document must be in PDF format. If the file is too large then the appendices should be submitted separately, either on a CD/DVD, or Google Docs accounts.
16 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $133 untuk pekerjaan ini
Lifestyle writer and designer Claire Charters has a love affair with words and is always seeking and Searching for the right words to help enchant and spark inspiration within others.
Bids that are sponsored are 518% more likely to be awarded. Stand out from the rest of the freelancers, by being pinned to the top of the employer's bid list. There is only one sponsored bid per project.