Conduct research on economic performance of Hong Kong over the last ten years, from 2005 to 2014, applying macroeconomic indicators of real GDP, real GDP growth rate, real GDP per capita, unemployment rate and inflation rate to argue whether you think the performance to be strong or weak.
The strength of a country's economy can be determined through careful examination of macroeconomic indicators such as real GDP, real GDP growth rate, real GDP per capita, unemployment rate and inflation rate. In your essay, analyse economic performance of Hong Kong over the last decade (2005 to 2014), using data on macroeconomic indicators. Argue whether you think the performance is strong or weak.
Discuss the performance of the economy over those ten years and provide evidence and explanations for the economic performance such as a high unemployment rate, high inflation rate and/or steady, long-term economic growth. Where appropriate, you should also explain how the policies of the government aim to achieve full employment, stable price and/or long term economic growth.
Your analysis should include an in-depth discussion on the performance of the economy and provide explanations for economic results as revealed by the macroeconomic indicators; where appropriate, you should also explain how the policies of the government aim to achieve full employment, stable price and/or economic growth. Support your evaluation with researched evidence.
The essay shall be about 2000 words (+/- 10%).
All sources referred to in the essay, including diagrams, must be referenced in-text and be included in a full reference list at the end of the essay, according to APA system referencing.
Essay should be presented in the following format:
Introduction: Provide an overview of chosen economy (about 250 words)
Production output performance analysis (about 500 words)
- Real gdp, real gdp growth rate, real gdp per capita analysis (1 time-series graph each)
- Define and explain performance trends of the economy (Explain/comment graph trend)
- Research and explain Government's measures adopted to achieve the product output performance
Labour market analysis (about 500 words)
- Describe unemployment trends based on unemployment rates (1 time series graph, explain/comment)
- Define unemployment and describe the typical types of unemployment in an economy
- Research and identify the types of unemployment in Hong Kong
- Research and explain government's measures adopted to achieve full employment
Price level analysis (about 500 words)
- Describe inflation trend based on inflation rate (1 time series graph, explain/comment)
- Define inflation and describe the typical causes of inflation
- Research and identify the cause(s) of inflation in Hong Kong
- Research and explain government's measures to achieve stable price
Conclusion (about 250 words)
- Summary of key highlights of discussion
Plagiarism not more than 15%
Reference from more than 10 sources