My client wishes to redesign their current site - [url removed, login to view] with a whole new look/layout.
As a designer, "I" will be creating that new look and design.
What I need from YOU is to simply cut up the mocks I provide (home and secondary, possibly some other mocks for other pages) and implement it using 100% CSS onto their current site. There should be no programming/backend development involved. You will need to take their existing css files and modify the files based on the layout that I create (I can provide you font names, colors and more detailed specs from my mocks).
>> Please note that the site is hosted at slicehost and programmed in RUBY ON RAILS, meaning the xhtml/csss will have to be implemented as ERB/HAML. I am not techinically savvy, so I do not know what that consists of, but I expect you to have alot of experience with Ruby on Rails and implementing in the way that it was mentioned (ERB/HAML). Please provide your experience with this as this is the most crucial piece of the project. Please also review their css files to ensure that you have a very good understanding of how they created the css and if you will be able to use/modify what they currently have.
Lastly, they have a Wordpress acct set up and would like the blog to match the look/feel of the new design, so I will need you to edit the css in Wordpress to match.
So to sum it up, this is what I will need from you:
1. Slice up the mocks I provide to you into 100% css using their current css files (seo-friendly, quick loading). The mocks will need to look and behave exactly as I provide them.
2. Implement the xhtml/css into their existing site using Ruby on Rails, implemented as ERB/HAML
3. Modify CSS on Wordpress to match the new design/layout of the site
3. Testing and QA
Please provide the following information:
1. Your availability and time difference (I live in the US, Central time zone). I need someone who is easily accessible for communication and responds quickly. Please also note your communication means (email, IM etc.)
2. Estimated days to complete the project (please give me a very realistic # of days, as I've had programmers who promise 20 days and then it ends up being 40). I don't have a timeframe, other than to launch it by mid January.
3. 5 URL's of sites you have created using 100% css
4. Please list your experience with Ruby on Rails and any other information on this that would be helpful to me to understand your skillset with this.
5. Your experience with Wordpress
6. Any other info that you feel would be helpful to me in making a decision.
My budget for this project is $250-400 depending on your skillset/portfolio and rating. The timeframe for this project is IDEALLY up to 25 days.