Hi. I’m Nicola. I am the founder of FitIntegrate. FitIntegrate is essentially an automated temp agency for the fitness industry. More specifically, FitIntegrate matches relevant instructors to gym classes.
I'm looking to bring on a technical co-founder to take our current MVP to the next level. Some of the work we have in the pipeline includes payment gateway integration, SMS notifications, and a new user interface design.
Where FitIntegrate is at:
• Launched Private Beta in Feb 2012.
• Over 100 users signed up (a mix of instructors and gyms)
• FitIntegrate secured a spot in the AngelCube 2012 accelerator programme in Melbourne.
• Has first “big” deal/customer in the pipeline.
Ideally, I am looking for someone who enjoys the gym/fitness space, and has worked in a startup environment and/or is SUPER passionate about getting involved.
On a technical level I'm looking for someone who is more of a software generalist, has been working with Ruby for a number of years, has frontend development experience with Backbone.js / Ember.js or similar MVC frameworks, and is passionate about user experience and understanding the customers needs.
Some quick points:
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience designing web applications
• Experience working in an Agile and TDD environment.
• The ability to understand and be understood well by others.
• A level of comfort working directly with customers to identify and develop product features.
• Ability to get Sh*t done!
So, what’s on the table? You will be joining an early stage Angel backed startup in Melbourne, and as with any startup I am offering considerable equity, and cash when we start generating revenue.
A bit about me… The idea came about as a frustrated instructor myself. I’ve had over 6 years experience in the fitness industry in a variety of roles, ranging from instructing to gym management. This means I know customers well, and have also built up a strong network. FitIntegrate is my first start up; however, I have had experience working with startups through my internship at Adventure Capital. Currently, I am one subject off achieving a Masters of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Business + fitness is pretty much me in a nutshell.
You can check out FitIntegrate at [url removed, login to view]
If you're interested, google me and drop me an email with some feedback on the site and a bit about who you are and what you have done. Links to recent work would be awesome, especially open-source contributions and your Github profile.
I'm based out of Inspire 9 in Melbourne, so if you want to drop in for a chat please get in touch.
No recruiters, please.