I have an existing Rails site and would like to add search features, specifically with Sphinx and the UltraSphinx plugin by Evan Weaver.
The site in question has real estate information, so models include Property, City, Sale, etc. It is important that the search be across multiple models, so that a single search for "Jones" will return all results; for example a single query might return a page with a city, a person's name, and a street, assuming all match.
The search *functionality* should be well-implemented and simple to the user, but don't worry too much about the presentation side. Views should be very basic, as they will be customized by our designers. UI in this project is not as important as functionality.
What I will provide:
- Basic app skeleton, including model definitions and tables with sample data
- A basic mock-up search result page, if desired
What I require:
- Well implemented controller for keyword search across models
- Clear, concise instructions on how to install and run in an Ubuntu environment, including initial/period indexing
- This is work-for-hire, not a license agreement. You agree I will own all resulting work-product free and clear, including copyright.
- You warrant that any code you provide is your own and/or is appropriately licensed. This means you should NOT use random code from an unknown/unclear source. You should NOT use GPL code or other similarly restricted material. If you do use code from other sources, provide the license terms (e.g. Rails/MIT, BSD, etc.) and an explanation as to which file(s) contain such code.
I am happy to pay immediately once I have verified the code is solid and works as expected, and will have additional Ruby/Rails work for a successful bidder who gives me a quick, clean solution at a good value.
Thank you, and please contact me with any questions.