Looking for professional, knowledgeable and respected programmers to develop a new, cutting-edge “Social Network” concept. There is a possibility that the project will lead into further areas of development, meaning that we are looking for a reliable company to establish a long term relationship with. All areas of the networking site will use features which are found on other “Social Networks” such as Profiles, Private Message, Member Search, Comment Feeds, and the ability to share and upload files. We would also like to integrate a “Web Conferencing” aspect to the site, using a simplified “Whiteboard” sceneario where friends of the Conference administrator could join if necessary.
All designs will be provided for simple breakdown of the development, and we will provide as much information as needed for you to complete the project to a satisfactory level (High Quality). We would like you to develop this project alongside us from the ground up, meaning we will need your advice and expertise into how a Social Networking platform can run smoothly and efficiently. Once we accept a bid for this project more information will be released as to the “Branding” of the project, which will indicate a clearer idea of the project at hand.
As we are unsure of the pros and cons of each scripting language, we will need you to inform us of how you see this project being developed and why that Scripting language would be suit our needs. This meaning we need to know why you may choose a PHP development over an .ASP or .Net development or vice versa. Also, we don't mind if you use pre-coded scripts in your posession to develop this project, as long as the rights to the final documents created for this project are handed over to us. Meaning we will own the project on completion, as well as and including all source files needed to run the project.
Here is a basic structure of the project as we see it at the initial stage of development:
- Home page/landing page - Containing sign up form and sign in forms, which then lead to
- Profile page - containing members information such as name, age, location, and other specific information which will be discussed later. Profile page also contains the ability to view friends, view those who are trying to add them, view their PM inbox status, etc. Will also feature the current months calendar with scheduled information, and the ability to schedule information.
- Schedule - An online calendar which is accessible by both member and friends of network. Can add deadlines, project information etc.
- PM inbox - send and receive messages to friends in network
- Friends page - shows network of friends on the website. this will once again be split into two sections. Each member icon will contain their profile image, as well as a small icon indicating where they are located in the world through the use of “national flag” icons.
- Search page/forms - find other members of the networking site. Simple click and add feature here. Other member as the ability to accept or decline the request.
- Group pages - set up group pages which allow people to discuss a specific topic.
- Whiteboard - users will schedule times to meet in THEIR whiteboard application to discuss desired topics.
- the ability to invite/kick out members
- the ability to draw on whiteboard with mouse click. select colours, brush size etc. (would be indicated that a wacom tablet is best for use)
- audio capabilities. listen to other members, talk to other members.
- record - both sound and video, capture the whole conference and save as .avi etc
We would also need the ability to Administrate this Network from a back end perspective, giving us access to manage profiles, accounts, groups etc as necessary. This is something we are unfamiliar with and would like to further discuss also.
This may sound like an in depth development, but what we aim to do is develop this in a manner which is simple to use, understand and develop. Keeping costs to a minimum for all parties involved in the development process, and finding a way to make it easily accessible and usable by its members.
We would like to have proof of your experience in the following sectors:
- development of previous Social Networking platforms
- developing websites with framework in a very systematic and modular way
- developing websites specifically with SEO tactics in mind
- importing contacts via current email systems (GMAIL, Yahoo Mail etc.)
- development of web conferencing tools.
Please contact us with relevant previous experience, including links to other developments you have worked on.
*** Please only apply if you are in this category: highly qualified and experienced developers ***