- Transfer the data from an existing Versant Database to a RavenDB server
- Schema and data will be transferred as is. No transformation required
- About 75 tables
- Versant database size is ~5gig
- Table with max # of row is ~5 millions rows
- Support for full and incremental transfer
- All tables have a modification date/time
- Instruction to install Versant / RavenDB
- Mercurial repository with the required projects
- Source code of the data structure
- Example code to load a structure from Versant
- An obfuscated copy of the source database
- Console like application that gives enough feedback to know it works or not (and why not). Feedback must be logged to file, file by day.
- The incremental update need to parameterizable (Update from date x)
- We need to be able to run need from a scheduled task
- VS2010/.NET 4.0 project
- Source code of the application with enough documentation to be able to evolve the schema
- Instruction on how to run the application
- While the performance are not primary concern the application must be bring the machine down or take an insane amount of time to transfer the data (1g/hour is a reasonable goal)
- Result must be available through bitbucket using a Mercurial repository.
- Know how to use Mercurial
- Experience with an OO database. This is not a SQL database and it has a totally different development mindset.