I have here a SDK (C++, consisting of a .dll and three .h files) for an industry vision camera that I need to control with our specialized inhouse software, which is written in Delphi. Therefore, I need those header files converted. I tried several of the available automatic conversion tools, but all failed in one way or another. So, a manual conversion seems to be in order.
This conversion will of course have to be done mostly blind, as I cannot send out the physical camera. But basic testing should be possible with just the DLL alone. I will send you the header files, the DLL (x86 + x64), as well as a PDF with the API documentation. There are also .lib files, if they should be of any use.
What I expect:
- Conversion of three .h files (317 defines, 9 typedefs, 120 functions; approx. 1500 lines in total)
- Resulting in three corresponding Delphi units, compatible with RAD Studio 10.2
- Complete conversion, including all defines, typedefs and function declarations into their best Object Pascal equivalent
- Original source code comments must be preserved
- Original declarations should be preserved as additional comments
- Wherever conversion is not straight-forward, explanatory comments should be added
- Basic testing as far as possible without having the actual device
- Further support and bug-fixing as necessary for 30 days after project completion
Proficient skill in both, C++ and Object Pascal, will be necessary to complete this project. Should you be interested, please let me know in a sentence or two in what capacity/to what extend you gained this experience.