This is a small project for a private IT school where the Owners are hiring IT developers, and want them to act as their software developer (JAVA) and system supervisor.
The Software Developer will be tested and will be asked to perform the following tasks, in addition to a JAVA program that the successful candidate needs to achieve.
Consequently, we need to have a full detail from the successful bidder so that we can ensure proper selection of the candidate: (the IDE selected by the school is NETBEANS and screen templates along with codes and comments must be submitted)
- Provide us with a brief explanation on the principles, characteristics and features of programming in Java
- Provide us with evaluation on the flexibility advantages of programming in Java
- Design for us a Java programming solution based on the contract tasks to be performed as shown below
- Explain to us all components, data and file structures required to implement a given
- Implement for us a Java programming solution based on a prepared design
- Define for us relationships between objects to implement design requirements
- Implement for us object behaviours using control structures to meet the design algorithms
- Identify and implement opportunities for error handling and reporting
- Make effective use of an integrated development environment including code and
- screen templates
- Test the Java programming solution and explain why they recommended this specific solution
- Analyse test results against expected results to identify discrepancies
- If possible, provide independent feedback of the proposed and developed solution and provide additional recommendations for improvements (what could have been done to improve the solution
- Prepare and provide User and technical documentations for the development, support and maintenance
THE JAVA PROGRAM TO BE DEVELOPED:
This School wants to select a candidate who can introduce information Systems to store all their students’ information.
Personal information of each student such as First Name, last Name, Date of Birth, Student ID Number, Mobile Number, and address are to be stored in a class.
Each student’s department of study should be stored in a child class.
The information stored for each student department class consists of subjects of
Study in IT.
For the child class, the user (staff) must be able to input the student name, and his/her grade of the modules.
The 4 modules are mainly: Database Design, OOP, System Information, and Networking.
The program should produce an average of the 4 modules for each Student. This Average will represent the Student Final Grade.
- 0 to 55 = Fail
- 56 to 70 = Pass
- 71 to 85 = Good
- 86 and above = Excellent
This JAVA program should be able to handle the error in case of any inappropriate data entry, and should display a message for the Staff regarding correct data. If data is not correct, the program will ask the user to re-enter the correct data type.