Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of System engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile, CE, FDA, ISO).
· Participate in embedded hardware and software development activities.
· Design and Develop core platform features independently with high quality & aligned with product requirements.
· Responsible for activities like proposing the design alternatives, SW implementation, unit & integration tests, organizing the peer reviews, provide workload estimation, design documentation & continuous updates to the Platform Leader on the progress.
· Must ensure that architecture & design allows meeting time-to-market, exceeding quality targets, quick diagnosis of problems in the field, quick diagnosis of issues during product development and requirements evolution (scalable / extensible).
· Able to mentor/coach other junior people in the team to drive outcomes
· Demonstrates good awareness about competitors and industry standards
· Responsible for rapid prototyping of highly innovative concepts for concept/feasibility testing.
· Process oriented and demonstrated proficiency in various development lifecycle methodologies including Agile, Iterative, V-Model, etc.
· Possess knowledge of medical device standards.
· Good experience on Embedded SW Architecture, Design, development, test & integration, debugging techniques.
· Deep and broad understanding of many technological areas below:
· Systems Engineering: Requirements engineering, use-case development
· Minimum of 15+ years of professional experience in embedded SW development
· Expert in Programming Languages: C++, C, QT
· Ability to organize and present technical status to senior management.
· Ability to convince management on courses of action using both written and verbal methods. Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated success in delivering results on several technical challenges.
· Can influence, communicate with stakeholders effectively, self driven, lead & mentor junior staff.
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Shares knowledge, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill amongst stakeholders.
Background and/or Experience:
Bachelors / Masters .in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 10+ years related experience.