We are a Software Development agency focussing on remote work and we are looking for a remote, UK based Backend Project Manager to join our tight-knit team spread out all over the country. You'll be managing multiple, concurrent, web services-based projects, but this is not a developer position, you will mostly be managing developers.
You will be paid £1000 per project, per month and you'll be managing remote developers whose native language is usually not English. A project should take up 1-2 days a week and as we get more projects you'll be able to undertake up to a maximum of 4-5 concurrent projects.
You must be strong in the following areas:
- Project management and experience managing developers.
- Use of tools like Trello, Slack and Jira.
- Strong English communication skills and a willingness to talk over the phone.
- Attention to detail both when writing specifications and mocking up designs based on client requirements.
- Experienced at architecting microservice-based web-services.
- A good understanding of platforms like CircleCI for CI/CD flows.
- A strong understanding of microservices using Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- A strong understanding of APIs & API documentation + logging & monitoring of web services.
- A strong understanding of feature and unit testing.
Please start your application with "I have definitely read the whole project description" in order to be considered.
Over the first few projects you will work closely with other Project Managers at our company as you learn the ropes, and we can help you develop any aspects of your expertise that you feel aren't as strong as you like. You'll also have very technical engineers working with you, so it's more important that you understand the principles behind the technologies we use, rather than experience actually using them. You will be considered a freelancer and therefore self-employed. There is no guarantee of repeatable or long term work.
If you're interested please put forward an application.