I will provide two excel sheets: Main\_BOM and Modified\_BOM. Need an .exe file that will compare two excel files and generate a third excel ([url removed, login to view]), showing the difference between them.
There will be about 10-15 columns of data.
The screener should do the following stems:
1. Read the first **MFG Part #** field from the Modified_BOM, say "XXX"
2. Search all the fields of Main_BOM for "XXX"
3. Once you find it, compare every other field (Item, Quantity, Reference,....etc.,) of that line item, between Main\_BOM and Modified\_BOM.
4. If all the fields match, do nothing
5. If there are field mismatches, print log in the third excel. For example, if the quantity is reduced from 10 to 5, print as" Field: Quantity, Main\_BOM: 10, Modified\_BOM:5" in a new excel sheet, Diff_BOM.
6. If you don't find "XXX" in the Main\_BOM, print "Newly added item: XXX" in Diff\_BOM
7. Repeat steps 1-7 for all other line items.
8. I also want to find the list of items removed from the Main\_BOM. Read every MFG Part# from Main\_BOM, and check if they are present in Modified\_BOM. If you find them missing, say "YYY", print "Removed item: YYY" in Diff\_BOM.
The first step is to make sure that all the column names match between the two excels. if there is no match, it should report as "Column Mismatch".
The MFG Part # field is the main field, and all other fields are compared based on this part.
Provide option to manually ignore a column. For example, we might not want to consider "Item" field.
Please provide the no of hours, hourly rate and the estimated time of completion.