Need OpenVPN CLIENT support in a Linksys WRTSL54GS router using OpenWRT (or different firmware). Goal is to be able to connect computers to the router so that a connection with a remote VPN server is automatically established. That way, on computers, no OpenVPN client needs to be installed.
Linksys WRTSL54GS with OpenWRT White Russian. We have installed openvpn as a client on this router, connected via internet to a remote server pc across the country running OpenVPN server. This works great when we work on the OpenWRT client router: we can ping the remote OpenVPN Server and all internet traffic gets redirected over the remote server, which it should. However, when we connect a pc to the OpenWRT router (running OpenVPN client), all internet connections bypass the remote OpenWRT Server and only use the local internet connection. Please note: the point is not to install OpenVPN clients on the PCs as well, but let the router handle all this.
(1) ---------internet (2)---------(3)-------
(4) PC1 (IP [url removed, login to view])
^-----(4) PC2 (IP [url removed, login to view])
^-----(4) PC3 (IP [url removed, login to view])
1. OpenVPN Server on a server pc with public Internet IP [url removed, login to view]
2. Internet connection
3. OpenWRT Router (internal IP [url removed, login to view]) with OpenVPN client (which gets an IP from OpenVPN Server, such as 10.8.0.6)
4. Client PCs connected to the OpenWRT Router which should get an internal IP ([url removed, login to view]) but ALL traffic should be routed over the OpenVPN link to Server). These IPs are attributed by a DHCP server on the network (which is not the OpenWRT router).