We have a customer with a very old server -- running SCO OS5 unix. The hardware is failing, and they want to implement a new server with as few changes as possible. They want to lay on the same version of their current applications, so we need to provide them with a new server that is running SCO OS5.
I am looking for someone with the experience to help us get SCO unix loaded on a new server. A successful candidate should be able to:
* Advise us on potential issues in new hardware-- to make sure that equipment that is purchased will be compatible with this old operating system
* Install SCO OS5 unix on a new server
* Configure RAID to ensure that data is protected against disk failure (primarily RAID 10)
* Configure filesystem to match customer's existing system
* Install SAMBA for windows file sharing of particular directories
* Create operating system logins (approximately 20 - 25 logins)
* Implement backup procedures
* Test and verify operation of server
* Provide documentation of configuration of system
The location of the work is to be determined. We are open to the possibility of it being done at our offices in Raleigh, NC. With appropriate measures in place, we would also consider shipping the server to configure at your location.
No proposal that had the work being done outside the US will be considered.