For this project, I need someone to go to the University of Michigan library and take a photo of one page from each of 47 volumes of a book. You do not need to be a Michigan student to do this. See below for more detailed instructions.
1. Go to the Buhr Facility (837 Greene Street, Ann Arbor). Note their hours are 8-4:30 pm M-F
2. Request access to all 47 books. The books are titled "The International Yearbook and Statesmen's Who's Who." Call number is JA 51 .l6. You need years 1963-1990 and 1992-2012. A complete list is included below.
3. In most editions, the book includes a section for each country in the world, with details of their government and economy. Find this section for Kenya.
4. Find the list of cabinet ministers or permanent secretaries for Kenya. It should include Minister(s) of State, Minister of Finance, Minister of Regional Development and similar titles, with the names of the officeholder.
5. Photograph this section (cabinet ministers), making sure that the text is legible. With a good camera phone, you can probably capture the entire section in one photo.
Repeat for all 47 editions.
6. Email all photos to me, with filenames that include the year of the book, and a list of any missing years.
Note: some editions of the book may not have this information. If that seems to be the case, verify that the information is not available in the "Kenya" section, and move on, noting the year of the edition where the information is missing.
Note also: You do not need to be a University of Michigan student to complete this HIT. I have verified with the library that the facility is open to the public and the public can request access to books.
Years of All Editions in this project (the name of the book never changes):