• Intermediate knowledge of GitHub, and GitHub flavored Markdown.
• 2+ years of experience writing technical content for the developer audience in U.S. English.
• 2+ years of experience of creating content for a developer audience e.g., API documentation or SDKs.
• 2+ years project management experience delivering complex content or managing multiple projects across multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Ability to work independently.
• A portfolio of examples that demonstrate your experience.
Desired skills that would make the candidate stand out.
• Previous experience as an editor.
• Previous instructional design experience.
• Previous experience with the Microsoft style, tone and voice used in technical documentation.
• Experience creating content for other Microsoft developer APIs or SDKs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science or related field
• Experience using markdown for content creation.
• Proficient in GitHub and Azure DevOps
• History of contributions to open-source projects or documentation (e.g., MDN Web Docs)
• Experience developing clear and compelling diagrams and other visual content.