Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are a team of two seeking a game designer/animator for a game development project we are just beginning. It is predominantly aimed at Mobile but we will be porting it across to PC shortly after launch to maximize profits.
The type of art required for this game is similar to "Crossy Roads", the block art style and is quite simple in execution. I myself am a game designer/Project Manager but we need another designer/animator to speed up the process.
So what is required of you:
- Have experience in 3DS Max (all files must be exported as .obj .FBS .3DS or .dxf)
- With regards to the above you don't need 10 years experience - even if you are still in college or are new to the game dev scene we still want to hear from you!
- Have strong communication - you will be required to give status updates on designs and use our specialized tool to communicate DAILY with the team
- As mentioned the art direction is similar to crossy roads so nothing complex but you will be given freedom to add your own unique flair to the designs
- Animation - simple character animations like walking, jumping etc as well as a bit more complex animations which I will go into detail with the lucky winner ;)
- Currently there are about 20 characters to be designed/animated (most of these are re-skins)
- 25 level objects (trees, houses etc)
- As all of these are block art I know it won't take longer than a few weeks to design all of these, however I will be getting you to design extra premium game elements for future iterations of the game
The lead development has told me that development time will take roughly 2 months. This means that while this is happening design will be an ongoing job. You will be required to work 30 hours per week @ $10 AUD/hour ($8 USD) and will have ongoing work after game is launched to develop other game items, levels and skins. It is my hope that the right candidate will work with our little game studio full-time once we get moving and I will then increase your pay and give you a hefty bonus if we do well (which we will).
Again I want to stress that this is not your typical Freelancer job, but an opportunity to
a) add a game to your portfolio
b) get paid to design games professionally
c) potential for long term work
We encourage all nationalities to apply (One of us is from the US the other from Australia) but please be aware that you will required to have a high level of communication (English) and we will be meeting regularly on Skype to discuss the game's direction, progress and ideas. You will not be considered just a contractor, but apart of our team!
Finally, all art designed will be signed over to the Game studio upon completion, however you will be given credit inside the game and we will encourage you/give you a reference if you decide to use the art as proof of your skills for future employment :)
Note: You will be required to sign an IPO agreement and a confidentiality agreement. If you cannot do this then unfortunately we cannot work together.
May your juices flow creatively!