****DO NOT BID - THIS PROJECT HAS ALREADY BEEN AWADED*****
****NO FILES ATTACHED - ALREADY SUPPLIED TO THE AWARDED CANDIDATE.*****
I require a structural steel draftsperson to complete shop drawings for a job with existing drawings.
You will have your own Advanced Steel (or Tekla??) program that will allow you to create NC drawings AND materials lists (optional)
****YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START RIGHT AWAY*****
The role will require you to make the following modifications to existing drawings AND create some new drawings in Advanced Steel with the aim of generating NC drawings.
The current 3D Model is in Autocad and cannot be used to create NC drawings.
All 2D drawings have been performed in Autocad.
Existing drawings can be downloaded from Dropbox
[login to view URL]
The client requirements are as follows.
1. Create drawings of the main steel members without plates in advance Steel and generate drawings of the main steel members in NC file format.
3. Add vent holes for all SHS and RHS sections.
4. Change X and Y dimensions of holes to a measurement to the centre of the hole. Current measurements are to the end of the cleats.
5. Where cuts to steel are made at an angle, please add the dimension for the back cut. See attached example.
6. Manually produce lists for hot rolled Steel, Cold rolled Steel, bolts list, summary bolts list to show which bolts go with which members, and assembly list. THIS IS OPTIONAL AS I CAN DO THIS MANUAL LIST MYSELF – HOWEVER IF YOU CHOOSE TO RECREATE THE 3D MODEL IN AS YOU CAN PRODUCE THIS LIST AUTOMATICALLY.
7. Make all PDF documents searchable. Make a separate PDF document for each assembly member and plate. At the moment it is all in one file.
8. Re-draw hold down bolts, columns and adjust G.A (slab layout plans) as required. ****THIS IS URGENT AND NEEDS TO BE DONE RIGHT AWAY**** On columns C5, C6 and C7 the base plate to the column needs to be attached to the reinforced steel lugs and cast in on site first. They will then take the columns and weld them onto the cast in plates for these columns only. The same columns need the base plates removed and G.A drawings need to be adjusted as required.
9. When redrawing the columns C5, C6 and C7 the client requires an additional 50 mm of Steel to the column length. This allows them to trim the column to the correct height on site depending on the height at which the base plates have been set into the concrete. This 50mm is called Green Steel. Please specify on the drawings that "50 mm of Green Steel allowed".
10. Add all steel finishes to all drawings. Specifications available.
11. Correct B005, B006 and B007 as these do not match up with drawings of columns C5 and C7. I can provide direction on this as it is a simple change to the 2D drawings.
Examples of the level of work required by the client are as follows.
C3 is the column fabrication drawing. This is made (part drawing) of item M4, for which we need the NC file. – All main members must be drawn new and NC drawings like M4 performed.
Attached are sample reports required – in Pdf as well as in Excel. (autogenerated from Advanced Steel)
2B35 is the assembly/fabrication drawings showing all the parts/fittings etc attached to the main member. The main member drawings is 2M96. The member drawings show all the hole locations, dimensions, diameters, back-cuts, etc. Basically, all information required to process the main member.
Then the assembly drawings shows all the parts and fittings attached to this main member.
The assembly drawings provided locations of all parts, locations of holes (as the XY hole location is more important than the end of the fitting), surface treatment required, etc.
Please confirm you can start work right away and provide a lump sum number of hours and your hourly rate.
Ongoing work available for the right candidate.