I was looking for someone with a sound knowledge in Abaqus who can help me build my models by preparing a stepwise guide in .doc or .pdf format (with snapshots wherever applicable esp. if different software version is used) for modelling 4 (four)-point bending of elliptical hollow sections.
You may prepare the model for one size, from where I will be able to build similar cases for other sections. This is required to analyze ovalisation of tubes (cross-section response).
Details and reference points:
- The bending beam span is 4.5m, consistent length of 1.5m between end support and the loading point. (I have attached schematics for the model for reference - Pl. see attachment-1)
- Attachment-2 & 3 illustrate failure modes various beams (extracted from other research papers). Pl. note that I was not able to model correct response of local buckling in my models before. (I use v. 6.18).
Guide on how to retrieve following information from model:
1. Moment - curvature response
2. Moment - rotation responses (will be used for three-point bending response)
3. Load - deflection curves
4. Stress - strain curve (if feasible).
As I have mentioned above, I am having hands-on experience in using and running simple models in Abaqus and at beginner-intermediate level. So, it should not be hard for me to get to the point.
You may pl. ask any questions without hesitation and I will try to answer them.