1. This work request is only a pilot for a large-scale work contracted by a major online travel provider. We are looking for a Korean translation of the ten hotel descriptions in the file attached.
2. Please don’t change anything that’s related to the format of the Excel. In order for me to update our website with your translations, we must have the sheet name (“HotelList”), the titles, the “funny” “aaaaa” line etc. exactly as they are sent to you.
3. Please translate only the items in the “Remark” column and in the “ShortDescription” column; don’t translate the Hotel Name, the City or The State columns.
4. The items in column G (“RemarkENG” = long description) should be translated in column “I” (“Remark”).
5. The items in column “H” (“ShortDescriptionENG”) should be translated in column “J” (“ShortDescription”).
6. The language that you write must be neither too elevated / formal nor too low. Please make it “friendly” and “selling”. Think as a traveler: what would you like to read when booking a hotel on line? The surroundings, facilities, amenities etc. must be kept in the translation, but a description of the 18th Century porcelain vases in the lobby, for example, should not necessarily be included. Please use your common sense when you translate: if the hotel sells itself as being an art site, you will include those descriptions; otherwise, you won’t. Four other things that we ask from you are:
6.1. To use a spell checker
6.2. To avoid repetitions
6.3. To convert measures such as “miles” / “feet” etc. to the system used in your culture (for example, in Europe, “5 miles” will be “8 kilometers”)
6.4. Not to translate irrelevant information relating to past dates, e.g. “The hotel will be closed for renovation during March 2005” or “special rates from September 1st - October 1st 2004”.
7. Please don't translate literally ("word-to-word").
8. Consult “Google” for any English information that you’re not sure of.
Bidder who provides a well-translated sample for the single item below will be preferred:
The lights... the thrills... the drama. Be a part of the NYC spirit at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, located on 7th Avenue between 52nd and 53rd Streets in midtown Manhattan. Just steps from the excitement of Broadway theatres, prestige of Carnegie Hall and world-class shopping of Fifth Avenue - our location is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the best that New York has to offer.
Business and leisure travelers alike choose us for our convenient location and full range of services, including High Speed Internet Access available in select guest and meeting rooms - not to mention that we are easily accessible from Newark, JFK and LaGuardia airports. You'll find comfort and luxury in each of our 1,750 guest rooms. With 50 floors and two levels of accommodations, you're sure to find the room that's right for you
In a city known for its diversity, our 1,750 guest rooms follow suit and offer a wide range of accommodations, including 31 suites and 206 Club Level rooms. Our three-diamond AAA-rating recognizes superior accommodations and convenient services.
Stop by our fully equipped health club, located on the lower level. Open daily from 5:00am to 11:00pm, the 4,000 square foot fitness center. The health club also offers Men's and Women's locker areas with steam rooms and saunas that feature deluxe toiletries, towel service and fresh fruit. Personal training, massage therapy, and a mini-pro shop are also available.
At the end of a long day, you can still enjoy delicious menu choices in the quiet sanctuary of your own room. 24-hour room service is available everyday.
*Please be advised that Dec 31 2005 has no arrival on this date and requires a 4 night minimum stay*