I'm looking to have a unity3d chess game created - the chess game should allow players to play against AI of varying difficulty, to make only legal moves, to alternate play back and forth, to have the chess piece color (white / black / random) be selectable.
Additionally, the play should be able to hover a 2D view of the chessboard and place it floating in the air where ever they choose. The object can be grabbed and adjusted or thrown away / closed as the player chooses.
The chess game should have an optional timer on the table that the players can adjust to typical chess intervals, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minute, and 30 minute games (each player can decide their time on their side of the clock).
The game should be self-contained so that multiple game boards / sessions can be running within one game environment at the same time.
The game will required photon integration.
The game will require the new Quest 2 Avatar 2.0 system to be implemented (the new avatar system with facial expressions, gestures, positional audio, etc.)
The game will have one main world area with tables where up to 20 people can join, chat, and walk around (I will design this world environment myself within a project).
Players will need to be able to sit down at a table and instantiate a chess game with another person who sits at the same table.
Initially, the players should be able to select their preferred pieces and gameboard (black and white pieces with a green and white board, blue and white board, purple and white, pink and white, wood toned board, and black and white board).
I would like to add some knowledge transfer on this project between myself and the selected proponent - so that I will be able to make minor changes myself (I have experience with basics of photon, level / world creation, integrating VR avatars, etc.).
* It would be a future project to add integration of the [login to view URL] API for this project so that people can have their chess ratings from [login to view URL] float above their avatar's head optionally.
* another future project feature will be placing hidden games pieces around the world that can be found --- these pieces enable players to have further custom pieces on the board and / or new gameboard tile colors to be added.
- I have assets for the chess board
- I have assets for the game world
- I have assets for the sound when pieces are moved