The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 80,000 graduates and counting. We're market leaders in online design education because the world's leading experts create our content and because we're specialized in design. What’s more, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors, we’re at the forefront of providing premier design education to such organizations as IBM and SAP, as well as thousands of other members.
You will, therefore, become an essential part of our team, someone who is making a direct impact on not only the growth and reputation of our foundation but also the whole world of education and beyond!
This is a paid full-time position which is location independent: You’re free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have regular video-based contact with your colleagues and get to meet them physically on team trips.
**What you will be doing**
You’ll be working closely with our UX design experts, founders and other team members to make the best, most inspiring and engaging lesson videos for our ever-growing catalog of courses. Videos are the best way to educate, and we have the best instructors: people who live and breathe UX design and many associated subjects.
You’ll feel energized as you take your skillset to an even higher level among a highly ambitious and supportive team. Your expertise and eagle eye can help us refine our visual presence yet further and improve our video style guide. In fact, your sheer talent and eye for detail will be a big part in shaping the future of our video production and—by association—of design itself!
• You have worked as a professional full-time video editor for at least 4 years.
• You have solid experience in working with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
• You can push video learning ’one step beyond’, so your animations, illustrations, on-screen text and other visual effects work in perfect harmony to complement each instructor’s material and produce the ’wow’ factor. If you can make your own awesome animations, that’s even better!
• You can place an entire, self-contained learning reality right in the mind of each member so all they have to do is watch and learn… and then feel extra-hungry to get out there and apply their new-found knowledge.
• You have a love affair with the world of storytelling in film and impressing viewers through every frame of the journey.
• You know visual storytelling is more than the sum of its parts, and the overall effect is vital.
• And you have an ultra-sharp eye for the parts that make up the whole, right down to those finest details that are extra important to you. So, you catch any glitches, problems with continuity and other imperfections such as lighting and audio-related issues. You cringe at the idea of even the smallest rough edge creeping in to ruin a frame or make a transition jerky.
• You love an environment of striving—and stretching—for perfection. You’re supremely competent and confident in working independently to produce the best material, and you know and love what a perfect product looks like.
• You understand how others’ input can sometimes help you get the distance you need to see those odd bits that can flaw an otherwise-perfect result.
• And, last but not least, you can see the world in terms of moving pictures, of powerful narratives waiting to be told and of matching our instructors’ zest and energy with your own natural passion for bringing ideas to life… and serving it all up in a way that screams extra care, extra value, extra-super choice to our members… and everyone they tell about what they got from us.
**How to Learn More and Apply**
You can learn more about our Work Culture and Values here: [login to view URL]
Please apply as soon as you can—we’re firm believers in the adage “the sooner, the better”, and we look forward to working with you!