We're looking for a skilled, communicative, flexible executive assistant / back office administrator to support our fledgling not for profit organisation to grow into the peak body for the new disability housing sector.
The right candidate for this position will be available to work 8:30am-5:30pm, 4 days/week until the end of this financial year (with potential for ongoing employment for the right candidate, dependent on organisation finances). This position will work intensively day-to-day with the General Manager, and have some contact with the bookkeeper, Board members, and key staff of our Member Organisations. Preferably you will be able to work a combination of onsite (office in Granville, in Sydney NSW) and via distance (phone/email/Zoom communication), as the GM works part-time from home and part-time from the office. However, distance only work may be considered for the right candidate.
• EA support: Assisting GM with diary management, travel arrangements, email management, stakeholder management and general herding of cats
• Communications coordination: Provide support to GM and Member staff with formal outbound communications; support GM with development of newsletters/e-bulletins; coordinate and manage relevant email lists and/or Mailchimp account for dissemination of newsletter, e-bulletins and other email communications.
• Media coordination: Support implementation and coordinate day-to-day management of traditional and social media strategy; liaise to action IT, social media, email and website related tasks.
• Database management: Further develop and proactively manage the database of Company contacts and ensure effective integration with Mailchimp and email lists.
• Events support: Support the GM and Board to prepare for hosting and/or attendance at regular and one off events
• Financial operations support: Assisting with day-to-day financial activities of the Company and liaising with book-keeper, accountant, bank and Treasurer, as directed by the GM
• Support with internal & external documentation: creating templates, drafting, proof-reading and/or formatting policy & other documents as requested by GM
• Deputy Company Secretary & Public Officer duties: Assisting with: maintaining the register of Directors and Members; ASIC, ATO and/or ACNC compliance; minuting Board & Working Group Meetings; scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and supporting Chairs of Working Groups; liaising with key staff regarding arrangements for Board Meetings & Working Group Meetings; and other Company Secretary and Public Officer duties, where relevant
• Other organisational operations, EA and/or EO related duties, as required