This system worked in administration and ticketing department in a virtual airline reservation system. In ticket reservation department, the staff will use this system to help passenger for daily ticket reservation. To reserve a flight seat, the ticketing officer helps passenger seek for flights according to the passenger’s desire location, departure time and arrival time. After the flight confirmation is done, ticketing staff will ask for passenger information to make the flight reservation. The passengers will then received a printed reservation coupon and then make their payment in the sales counter. In administration department, the manager can use this system to generate real time report according to the request of the manager. The report is viewable by manager level only. The administration department’s manager can do modification on flights, cancellation and addition of flights.
This project will be divided into five main modules according to its features so that it would be easy for task separation and systematic development procedures. The modules are Flight, Reservation, Airline Manager, Ticketing Staff and Passenger. The features and documentation will be within the bound of these modules mentioned which provides the clear scope of this project.
ARS has user friendly menu-driven environment. Below are the lists of features in the system:-
• Add/Delete Airline Manager Information
• Add/ Delete Ticketing Staff Information
• Add/ Delete Flight Information
• Add/Delete Passenger Information
• Make Reservation
• View/Query/Cancel Reservation
• View/Query on Flight Information
• View/Query on Passenger Information
• View/Query on Airline Manager Information
• View/Query on Ticketing Staff Information
• Report on Flight, Passenger, Airline Manager and Ticketing Staff
Please refer to attached screenshot captions file for reference.