Previous supplier was unable to complete the project due to sickness - so I need a new programmer, who can complete this faster.
I am sorry that this project description is so long, but it is better to be detailed. In short, I need someone to add recording and playback to my program.
Here's the detailed project summary:
Please run the software I have provided ([url removed, login to view]) (attached) in Win XP to see how it works.
I wish to have the current functionality preserved, and add a few things.
Maintain all current functionality in the software. Run the compiled software to see, this is:
1) Takes the input to the sound card on a Windows XP computer, and display the information as a trace on the screen (like an oscilloscope). This functionality is already provided in the source code and compiled .exe attached - you will not need to change this.
2) Works out the heart rate based on the input, and displays it.
3) Be able to be resized etc
I wish to have the programmer add the following functionality:
1) Ability to save ECG trace recordings (and specify the file names), probably the easiest way would be directly into a text file. Recordings are about 10 sec - 1 min long. I would like to be able to open the program, and as I am taking a trace and viewing it in real time, I am able to save it to look at it later. I am essentially recording the oscilloscope data.
So, as an example:
I start viewing a new trace at 6pm, view it for a while, then at 6:10 i decide I want a recording of what is going on. So, at 6:10 I type the file name for the file into a text box, press record, and it records and starts to save the ECG data to a text file (or any other type of file). At 6:25 i decide that i have recorded long enough, and press stop recording. The file is saved. The trace is still coming through and is viewable time, and I continue to look at it till 7pm, at which point i disconnect the ECG.
I.e. the trace is NOT interrupted by recording.
At 7:30PM i decide that I want to view the previous trace i recorded, so i click open, select the file that i recorded earlier, and view it . I have the following tools available when viewing (see point 2)
2) Ability to play back the saved recordings later. For example, I open the program, click 'open' select a previously saved file, and then have the following buttons available:
<play>, <stop>, <pause> & <go to beginning>.
3) I must always be able to resize the program and view the traces on any computer etc. Look at the current project to see what I mean. I.e. i can record the trace on a computer with resolution 800 x 600, but then view it on my 22" screen later. Hence, recording should be as twips, % or something similar, not pixels. When i double click on the program title, it needs to go full screen - as it does already.
(To emulate the ECG functionality on your programming computer, please plug a microphone into your computer, run the compiled [url removed, login to view] program, press start, and tap the microphone a few times. You will notice that a digital oscilloscope view of the sound will appear in the program. The program is designed to display an ECG trace. Please have a look at youtube to see what an ECG (also known as EKG) trace looks like. Some other websites running a similar version of the software are here (and you can see screen shots):
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]~jnguyen/ecg/[url removed, login to view]
Original software was written in Visual Basic, ideally the person who writes this solution will write it in Visual Basic 6 (you are free to build upon the source code I have provided) or .NET. This is so I have some hope of modifying it in the future if desired, and will also make your life much easier. Please comment in the code!
1) The original code is attached
2) The partially completed project by the previous service provider is also attached. This contains all the save module already, and you are free to use it if you wish to make your life easier.
You must: Be able to communicate regularly via status report (at least once a day), reply to emails and keep to deadlines.
This is not a difficult task - probably take a few hours - I just don't have time at the moment & i'm pretty rusty on my VB coding skills. No need for fancy stuff, just a functional program. I can clean up the GUI later (only if you program in VB).
The service provider MUST have good written english communication skills & be reliable.
Previous bidders ranged from $50-$70. This is my price range - read the code - I need only one module added and this is NOT a $250 job!
This will take a few hours max.
PLEASE SEE THIS WORD DOCUMENT FOR A MUCH SIMPLER DESCRIPTION OF WHAT I NEED - THIS SHOULD CLEAR UP MANY OF THE QUESTIONS!
MY MAX BUDGET IS $70 AND I AM LOOKING TO CHOOSE A PROVIDER ASAP.
10 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $191 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hi I can do this for u very easily in 1 or 2 days. Let me know if u r intrested! As for me i have 10+ years of design and development experience, even when VB6 was not released :) Regards Umer
We can complete this. Experianced in VB, .NET over 4 years. The zip files attached were downloaded and checked, we can complete the remaining as you like.