This link project will include the following...
• 100 reciprocal links from relevant, quality sites
• 30 one-way links from good, quality sites
• 5 article submissions to all the major article sites. Let's use ArticleMarketer for some of them, and software for others as ArticleMarketer doesn't support pen names, and it's a much more convenient solution.
• Some "Bum Marketing" on [url removed, login to view] and Zimbio.com. (Bum Marketing is just a term that's been coined for the strategy of using “desperate keywords” as article titles on authority user-added content sites that get their pages indexed very quickly on Google, Yahoo, MSN and others). This will include a unique article, publishing on either Squidoo as a lens or Zimbio as an article, and then some basic marketing activities to “juice” the article like RSS feed submission to RSS feed portals, pinging, social bookmarking (Digg, Netscape, OnlyWire, etc.), cross-linking from other Bum Marketing locations, posting comments & specific techniques like joining a bunch of groups on Squidoo and so on.
• A Few High-PR Link Purchases. I want to look for permanent link placement deals on private marketplaces (where the URL's aren't published openly) on webmaster forums like Digital Point and SitePoint, at least PR 5 or higher. I would prefer not to buy links from “known” networks like Text-Link-Ads.com. Also, make sure the site I'm purchasing a spot on has a solid organic footing of its own backlinks from a variety of sites – and that they don't advertise text link sales or have “buy sponsored links” or whatever on their site.
• Some forum posting on niche sites and Yahoo Answers (this will help with traffic, even if the links are tagged as "rel=nofollow"). The freelancer's job will be to locate highly-targeted questions on forums and then answer them in a neutral way, offering a few resources – including mine.