OK, here goes…
I had a very bad experience with my last web designer. I hired them to design a website for sports fans (I will give the address to possible candidates) but the only thing that came out of it that I really liked was the logo and the color scheme. Most the site functions don't even work properly. Basically it needs a LOT of work… a complete face-lift.
So now I'm looking for a web designer to take over this project and do it right. Here is what I want in a designer:
1. Someone whose first language is English.
2. Someone who is professional and not rude.
3. Someone who will communicate with me through email or IM and give daily/weekly updates on the project.
4. Someone who will complete the project within a specified timeframe.
Ok, now here is what I want for the website:
1. A social utility and aggregator of the latest sports news for sports fans.
2. A sleek look and feel VERY similar to [url removed, login to view], but with its own unique twist.
3. The site should cover all the same sports as ESPN.COM.
4. A main homepage and a home page for each individual sport with videos, a main headline with a large photo, and all kinds of sports news related to that specific sport (just like [url removed, login to view]).
5. A special feature allowing the administrator (me) to upload different music to each sports homepage, and another feature allowing users to turn off the music if desired.
6. The site should be an aggregator of the latest sports news.
7. The site should be as much self-updating as possible (maybe with the use of a lot of RSS feeds).
8. The site should combine [url removed, login to view] with the best features of [url removed, login to view] and MYSPACE.COM.
9. 100% customizable member profiles.
10. Blogs, comments, forums, groups, polls, etc.
11. Members should be able to upload videos, music, and photos and comment on them.
12. The background image for each member's main profile photo should be the website logo.
13. A special feature very similar to “Throwdowns” on FANNATION.COM.
14. Member profile information should be tied into sports.
15. Membership will be free but exclusive to college students with valid university email addresses (like facebook was in the beginning)
16. A sleek and user-friendly control panel.
17. Everything should be VERY colorful.
Things I like about the current site:
1. The logo
2. The use of the color green
Things I do NOT like about the current site:
1. Lots of things, too many to list.
Things I do NOT want:
1. The trendy bubbly look I see in so man sites today.
Thank you for reading and please feel free to make a bid if you believe you can deliver such a project.