We will provide all artwork, graphics, etc. but may need assistance with color schemes for the site, like the two narrow columns on right side.
We are putting up a buyer's guide of new cool products (for men, women, kids) and events (concerts, etc.).
We want a white template with black header and footer. Instead of a large banner ad across the top, we want the logo at the top LEFT side, roughly half the page, then on the right, we will insert two (smaller) banner ads that we need to be able to insert and take out simply.
Priority in order of importance:
1. Need ability to add subcategories to the categories we create for stuff. For example, "Laptop Computers" would be a category... we would also create a subcategory for "Mac Books". So when we post a product, we can tag as many relevant subcategories and categories we want.
2. All categories and subcategories would appear on a SITEMAP page, in alphabetical order. When we create a category or subcategory, they would automatically appear on site and sitemap upon publishing to the site.
3. 3 column layout - Wide, Thin, Thin template layout.
4. Need links so users can browse.
5. When posting to site, take out date, poster name, permalink, and comments off the top of each post (we will want comments at the bottom of the post in the form of a link - when users click on comments, a new window appears with all user comments). Need a way for users to be able to email links to posts "Send to Friend" and to print out a copy of a post, "Print this".
6. As a rule, we want only the most recent 8 posts on the front home page. After the first and fifth post, we want to include banner ads. At the bottom of the home page should be a link for the next 10 posts and so on.
7. Install a voting poll for each post. Before users add a comment, we will ask them to vote if they like the product or not. Then they can post a comment. We prefer not to have user register onto the site. But some email or IP verification would do.
8. Middle thin column would be for other content (Events Calendar that we maintain for new album releases, concerts, etc) and small banner ads. We would need to have a way to change the banners and content on the template. Would prefer to learn how to do this instead of creating a back-end process for this.
9. Far thin column undecided yet (perhaps archives, popular categories, etc.)