I am looking to have an e-commerce site built.
I do not know anything about web design other than about 3 hrs of tutorials. For this reason, The most important aspect of the website is to be idiot proof for maintaining and making minor changes myself. I would like for it to operate and display the images as fast as possible.
My wife wants to start selling purses today via the internet and in the near future, jewelry, clothes, shoes, etc.
I was thinking about having
1. A home page. We would like to present a fashion image.
2. A page to search/filter by: men/women, type of item, brand, color, style, etc. (Of course, today she only has purses, so the men/women & type of item option would not need to be displayed.) When the time comes, I will need to be able to add the appropriate options. I want to display pictures of all the items she has in inventory with a brief description of the item either below or beside the picture. I would need to understand the web design enough to add/delete the pictures & descriptions with my lack of web knowledge. I was thinking about trying to do this with some sort of database but, I do not know if there are any better options available.
3. I would like to have an about us section or page.
4. I would like for anyone who has an e-mail account located at our domain to be able to have access to the mail accounts. from the home page and set up new mail(if possible, similar to setting up a yahoo mail account from the yahoo page.)
5. I would like the user to be able to change from English to Spanish.
6. Finally, I will need a way for them to choose which items they want (shopping cart maybe), and make payment. I don not know what is available but, I think the most popular payment methods are paypal, credit cards, and Western Union.
These are my thoughts but, if you have better suggestions, we can try your ideas.
7. I would like for the customer to send me e-mail/questions, comments.