For a Joomla website a module/ component is needed. I am hosting a sports tipster competition which is run like a league, where tipster participate by registering on the site, and for each tipping round they log in and fill in tips in the front end. Every round must be set up in the backend by admin. When rounds are finished, scoring is done in backend by admin, and from the database there is created standings for each round and total standings.
Every registered tipster must see his own tips and his own history.
Tipsters are divided in leagues of 20 players. Division A, B , C and so on. Best tipsters in Division B are promoted to Division A, while worst tipsters in Division B are relegated to Division C.
Full competition is 6 rounds, after 6 rounds relegations and promotions are processed, and a new competition starts.
- Registration in front end for participants (name, username, email, password etc)
- Set up new tipping rounds by admin
- email notification to participants
- Form for filling out and deliver tips for each round by participants
- Results tables and leaderboards (database - simple)
- Results archives
More details will be given on request, as well as examples.
Mail us for questions