A site that will market facial creams and body care products. The site must
1. Be quickly and accurately indexed by the search engines by making the text key-word rich, the site fast-loading, and the html code balanced so search engines (and particularly the most important one, Google) will quickly locate and index it.
2. Give visitors fast access to the products they want With a clear, logical navigation so the visitor quickly finds the product page he wants and then almost at a glance gets the information (text and pictures) he needs.
3. Encourage that visitor to buy to make it easy and (hopefully) compelling for people to order from the product pages. We want to do things that will cause the visitor to react to the site. To begin a relationship with us.
4. Be expandable built with an eye to a future, so any new products you bring out can be given their own space on this site.
5. Be multi-tiered and replicable – The products sold on this site will be income producers for those who choose to market it. A registration page that includes all pertinent information to allow a user to become an affiliate, with replicable pages that contain their ‘IDs” must be constructed.
6. Optimized pages for the search engines
7. Create a network of links and rise up the search engines
THE WEB SITE
A home page that immediately does four things:
1 Assures the visitor that products are good value.
2 Establishes that you and the products have credibility and reliability.
3 Makes it VERY easy for the visitor to find the product they want.
4 Captures the visitor’s name and email for follow-up.
Inside we will need a page explaining who we are. This will establish we can be relied on for
à good products
à reliable service
à quick answers to questions and problems and problems that any retailer will meet from time to time
We will also require a page explaining the manufacturer of the products.
Each product will have a separate page that provides all the details needed to make the sale. Things like a sales pitch, product information, a small product image which can be enlarged with the click of a mouse, price etc. From here we will need our shopping cart which we can provide integrated into the site.
The site will be built as though there were 50 products available for sale. Right now we are starting with about 10 and they can be displayed on the home page. But when there are more we will need to have a product gateway page where all the categories and individual products are on display. A sort of table of contents for our product range. So a built gateway page and then hide it. When there are enough products to make it useful it will come out into the open.
A contact page with all the relevant details.
A small library of 10 or 12 pages of useful information on our products.
How the site will be built: We will be able to see the site on a confidential Internet location at all stages of construction. When we are totally pleased with the site, and the final payment is made, it will move it over to the root directory so it's 'live' on the Internet. Then register it on the major search engines.
Offer valuable information to each visitor in return for their name and email, on autoresponder
Set up an automated strategy to collect their names and email addresses in exchange for a classy, informative PDF report they’d be interested in. Then follow them up automatically with two or three short, sensitive marketing emails over the following few days.
This report and the follow-up emails will:
à remind a visitor of our site
à give you the opportunity to educate the visitor further about our products
à provide names and email addresses for our database
à run entirely on automatic, yet be personalized
Write a report, and five or six follow-up emails, and lay them out attractively and create a virtual cover to promote it on the site.
25% after shell completion
25% after completion of beta, where we will respond to changes that are necessary
50% upon completion