I’m looking for someone to help me build a town/community website/portal. I need to setup the site in such a way that it becomes quite self-sufficient only requiring me (or other admins) to approve various content such as adverts, etc. I’d like to get the foundations of the site up & running quite quickly, with the refinements and features being added later. I’d like to see a few mockup ideas and would like to work with someone who likes to work through the design process of wireframing/sketching through to final usability and testing etc.
I would like the site framework to be built with a popular CMS such as Joomla!, Drupal or Dolphin CMS. Essentially here are some of the features I require:
- Advert management - allowing businesses to submit and pay for adverts, also with statistical information on hits, etc.
- Business Directory - allow businesses to submit/modify their business listing, also allowing for a premium listing at the top of that category/search.
- Classifieds - allow community members/local townsfolk to list items for sale, etc.
- Events, Clubs/Societies, allowing them to have a page listed in the various categories of the site such as Sports clubs which details their current information and news
- Current News - editable content for news also allowing news feeds from other sources
- Social networking elements - links to facebook, twitter, etc.
- Authentication from other networks (facebook, twitter, google, etc.)
- Forums - local discussion area (possibly using an integrated solution such as phpBB or Phorum)
- Social network - allowing users to connect and share photos, music, videos, etc. - either directly on the site or YouTube, etc.
- Website optimisation - must be well optimised and all code valid XHTML & CSS. Google Analytics, etc. built in.
- Security - the site must be secure and tested for security - with SSL for payments & logons, etc. All personal data held encrypted in the databases.
- Lastly, the design must be easy to use, slick, clean and very 2010 looking - I really don’t want a crappy template that looks like a site designed in 1998!!! I’d like to see use of modern scripting jQuery/AJAX, etc.