I need a personal website.
This is a very interesting project and requires some creativity on the designer’s part.
I am an Internet-oholic and visit over 50 websites everyday to check various things. I would like to have my own website which would save me a lot of time doing all this. Well yes I know what you are thinking. I can just use something like roboform which will insert the password for me when I open a website. But I want something unique.
I want my own website from where I can control everything. Basically I can go and visit any of my websites.
This is what I want –
I want my own website which will give me access to all the websites I would like to visit from just one portal.
It should be fully customizable.
I will be purchasing my own domain name on which I would like to host my website.
When I enter the domain name, the homepage should have information which I can customize. I should be able to customize its text and pictures. On the homepage I should have a logon box. Here I enter a username, a password, and a security code. The security code is nothing more than a alphanumeric phrase which I set (I should be able to change these from my account).
When I have logged on, I should be on a webpage form where I can control everything. On the left I should have a list of all the websites I want to visit. I should be able to add and delete these websites. The tough part is that I would like to have websites like hotmail and everything else in this list, and let’s say I click on hotmail, and then I should be taken to a webpage where I sign in on my email account. Yes, it should be automatic. When I enter the name of a website in my list, I should have the option to enter a username and password too (entering a username and password is optional). So if I click on a website for which I have saved the username and password then it should automatically log me in. Don’t worry none of the websites in my list will have a random number generator when signing in. These websites should be opened in a new page.
(This should be scrollable and not just continue).
This page should also display the weather for a zip code that I enter. The zip code should be saved and again I should be able to edit it.
On the right of my websites list should be a frame. This will be a place where I can view any website. It should act like my own personal browser where I can enter the name of a website and it opens in this frame itself. This should also be scrollable up/down and right/left. Again this frame should have a customize option where I can store websites which I could like to visit and then when I click on their name they should open. This list of websites which I would store should be displayed at the bottom of the frame.
The top of the webpage should have place for a banner. This will be an image which I can upload.
Below the banner will be various buttons.
1) An about me page where I can write stuff about myself and this should have a box on the left which displays random pictures from my photo album.
2) Photo album and viewer. ( I can upload my photos and view them)
3) RSS page (I should be able to add and remove RSS content from a edit button) The page should have the RSS content displayed in boxes.
4) A to do list page (should be editable and have 3 priority settings)
5) A contacts page (should be able to store all the information about a person which is normally stored in a address book contact and also have a box for any extra information I would like to store)
6) A calendar where I can list all my appointments and other stuff. Should be stored on the web hosting server.
7) A file storage where I can upload any files of any type. There should be a list of all the files I have uploaded and I should have the option to upload and download them.
8) A notes page where I can write random stuff and this also gets saved on the server.
9) A news page where I can enter RSS code for various websites and the news is displayed.
I should be able to access all of these features from anywhere, thus they will have to be stored on my website itself.
So basically this is my personal domain on the internet. I would like to access everything from here.
I would like this website to be professional looking and completely customizable. I would like revisions to be made till I am not satisfied and this website should be installed by the designer on my web host.
The data which is stored should definitely be encrypted and stored. I do not want anyone getting all my passwords off my website. So everything should be safe and secure.
The calendar should be similar to the Microsoft Outlook 2003 calendar. It should have all the features and should be synchronizable.