[url removed, login to view]
Make updates to website
The key thing i'd like to do is change London page asap so I can use it as a marketing page for to sell the guides ahead of the quickly approaching summer Olympics. What I am thinking is the top stays the same and then below we put in a buy it now badge (and update the paypal page to reflect this) along with press blurbs and some language for marketing it to Olympics. I have a friend who may be able to help me with marketing. We were on Who Wants to be a Millionaire so think if we can recreate the image for a question or some other sort of tie in. Also to create a tie in to our broadcast on NPR. Maybe though this is a separate design situation….
with the London guide - it's sort of a now or never situation…..
site is do for an over haul so i don't want to waste $ unnecessary but until then was thinking that some basic updates - let me know what you think of suggestions below in light of not doing anything that is too costly or time consuming if there was a redo in the not too distant future…..
(1) lose the Purchase Now frame on the homepage .
(2) change the Search Cities Now to "SEARCH NEW YORK NOW" all in one bar rather than a single option (one day when i have search set up for SF & London this can be changed)
(3) change Openings & Closings to "OFF THE MAP" and create another box called "ON THE MAP" each tied to same wordpress so i can update as i do now.
(4) reformat blog frame so that if I want I can put an image on the opening page or some other formula so it does not look so uninteresting.
(5) subscribe? what sort of plugin do i need so that i can (a) have people subscribe and (b) email them when I make a new post.
(6) share and updated versions of social media sites, list my favorite links and setup links. I am using my friends website as a reference - www.recipegrinder.com. maybe we have twitter, etc positioned on top of site.
(7) make sure wordpress is moving along correctly - for now if you hit older entries in the blog it doesn't bring you anywhere.
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.