Need a working demo of a single database-driven web page.
• Page contains multiple listings
o horizontal, multi-line, multi-field (think used car or home-for-sale listings)
o some contingent formatting
o one image with each listing
o Next/Previous continuation pages every 10 listings
o Pop-up to appear when cursor is rolled over either of two fields in a listing
• Title and a filter selector at the top of the page
o filter selector is 13 checkboxes (or equivalent) that operate in various combinations to filter and sort listings from the database (using queries supplied)
o Only a few filter/sort combinations will work in the demo version. Others will produce an error message saying which ones work
• The ability to make infrequent additions and minor changes to the database and queries, directly or through you (at no or very low additional cost) for a few months
We will provide
• a sketch of the standard listing box, with its fields mapped to the database queries
• a few contingent formatting requirements based on the contents of fields
• Less than 100 test records (75 fields) in a flat MS Access data table (in any of its export formats: dBase, Excel, delimited text files, ODBC-protocol tables, etc.)
• MS Access SELECT queries (very similar to SQL) for several test filter and sort combinations
• Image for each record
The page should reside for six months on the web. We do not yet have a server.
We are not at the moment looking for good web design. No navigation. No simultaneous users. At this point we want little more than a breadboard. However, we hope soon to be posting an expanded project that will include this functionality within a normal web site (preferably public license software) with navigation, blog pages, ads, robust relational database, separate data-input screens, etc. Everything at scale.