1) changepw and resetpw don't work.
2) I haven't checked yet, but most likely application updates won't work. i.e when you're signed in as a regular user:
3) At 'Headlines' don't update anymore. Please take a look at backed up [url removed, login to view]'s. There were 5 feeds being drawn from (3 of the websites feeds are dead) so I removed them, now only 'x' should be fetched, but it's not working.... Compare to an old [url removed, login to view]
4) The website's error log file is huge... can it be disabled, or can you try to fix some of the errors?
5) i need a cron (or other) script that will backup the database into a directory every couple of days.
6) I need an easy way under: admin to submit an ad and assign a link to it. All ads will be the same size and be centered at the very top of the website. Say, option to add ads and them have them rotate between themselves randomly. Please see the old [url removed, login to view] for reference to the size, code and placement of the ad.
From manipulating x's database, I'd like to import its users to y... I've tried already, but it doesn't work.
Please try only one user first to show that it could work!
Try importing your own account and related fields over to Joomla...
As an administrator through Joomla at x, I can use the component 'CBJuice' to import a CSV file with the related y user database fields over to x. The problem is the passwords don't work. If you login to x now with y's credentials it fails at the password. Probably because y's database used a different hashing method for storing the password. Make this work...
Figure out what's causing x's pages to load so slowly...i.e database calls? Or try next task first:
Before anything, make an entire server backup through Plesk...
I'd like to try LightSpeed's server with x but am not sure if it'll mess with Plesk. Supposedly they can co-exist. Lightspeed is an alternative to apache. Note, I installed it on y's old server here:
http://x:7080/[url removed, login to view]
That took about 20 min...
Download and install the free version, configure it to work with x... Note I'd still like Apache to work with all my other domains! I don't want any downtime.... the default port for lightspeed isn't 80, so I'm not sure if/when you switch x to port 80 and make it use lightspeed, if that will affect all the other sites on the server. Please confirm.