The coding for this software in VB.Net with SQL Server Express backend is 98% complete. The program runs. We want to make the following improvement:
1. Integrate help file that is currently in Microsoft Word
2. Complete installation script where a installation wizard will install the software on the users computer(s)/server. A part of this will include activating the software on our commercial website (similar to what is done with Microsoft Office software).
3. Produce a trial version of the software.
4. Add handwriting fields (as is done in Windows Journal) to one form that has 8 text fields. The image of the handwriting will be stored in a new table in the database. An optional step would be to convert the handwriting to text.
5. Debug step where the program will email lost passwords
6. Integrate medical vocabulary into text field entries where the program will autocomplete medical words when the user starts to type the words (similar to what is done in SMS text messages)
7. Enhance the UI on the main form by flattening the icons and have the menu bar operate more like that in Office 2010.
8. Minor changes to forms (eg correct spelling mistakes, adding fields etc)
The program uses DevX controls