This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, dispatch partner is required.
Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
A good understanding of general IT services is required. “Smart Hands” services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide “eyes, hands and feet” in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment. Excellent communication and verbal skills (German and English).
Roles & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys, Smartphones and basic printer support
- Support users with Apple Mac and IOS devices
- Support Multifunctional Devices (MFD) for issues like Scan to Email, Scan to Fax, Email to Fax etc.
- Support In-country PBX networks and PSTN interfaces
- Support Hardware/Software selection and Procurement effort
- Support Hardware Refresh, Redeployment and Disposal activities
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD function including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Remedy ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients users on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Support VIPs on site, if need be
- Coordinate with local cabling vendor for cabling requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- OEM Certified Technician for ordering parts through OEM and parts replacement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Basic knowledge to support Mac devices
- Knowledge to support Multifunctional Devices, Smart Phones, PDAs & BYOD
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Intel Servers and Telecoms
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Ability to successfully pass a background security check
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Handling of Tape Media and basic Back-ups loading and loading techniques
- Rotational On-call for executive support