A 2000 word essay based on the article listed
you have to Identify and discuss the practical, theoretical, ethical and political issues to which the research in your chosen article gives rise.
Your essay should include the following:
1. An introduction providing a précis of the research under study – what it aimed to do, how it achieved its aim/s, what the findings were.
2. A critical discussion of the research process. This should include consideration of such things as the theoretical assumptions that have underpinned the research; the practical issues that have affected the design; any ethical or political [url removed, login to view] about the extent to which the researcher’s/researchers’ account is consistent, the extent to which the research questions have been answered and the extent to which the findings are convincing. Make sure that you do not criticise the researchers for something that they did not set out to do in the first place – this may seem an obvious point but it is a common error. Also remember that a critical evaluation should identify both the strengths and limitations of the piece of the research. Note that your discussion should make reference to other methodology texts and demonstrate your general understanding of doing social research.
3. A conclusion that summarises the main points you have raised and which sums up your evaluation of the research under discussion. You should point to the implications of these issues for social research as a whole. Remember that you should never introduce new material in a conclusion.
The following criteria will be used in the marking process:
1. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of social research methods and their relation to theories;
2. Ability to make critical comments;
3. Use of appropriate literature to support critical discussion;
4. Overall coherence, presentation and accurate referencing.
Equal weight will be given to these criteria.
the referencing needs to be done by the harvard system way and needs to be handed in on the 14th january, i would be grateful if i could have the work back on the 13th jan.