Our organization is Freedom United ([login to view URL]). We work to fight human trafficking and modern slavery.
We're looking for an expert, full stack web developer who has extensive Google Maps experience to develop a complex map and backend for us. The map we want to produce shows where slavery exists today, and what products are produced using slave labor.
The easiest way to understand what we're trying to build is by looking at the prototype we've designed - [login to view URL]
What our ideal engagement looks like:
- Responsive Google-maps like app (we're also open to using other technologies), that looks like the above prototype
- We're hoping you can leverage as much of the Google Maps api to speed up development time, but also get as close to pixel perfect representation of our designs
- Create a backend that we can use to add new products, post stories/news, companies, and eventually more
- Consult with us on the best way to integrate this into our main website - [login to view URL] - We're hoping this map can be the "Learn" section of our existing site, but we're not sure how best to integrate the 2 sites (or if they should be integrated at all -- it's a WordPress website btw)
- Consult with us on how to automate as much of the data entry on this as possible
This will be an ongoing project. The prototype represents our MVP, but eventually we'll want to feature much more on the site, provided that it gains traction upon launch.
We're not going to dictate the tech stack needed for this, but we definitely want to go the open source route (no microsoft). Please detail out what tech you would propose using for a project like this.
I'm sure there'll be questions on how the map should function, so please submit them with your proposal and if it makes sense to have a call we are happy to.
Thanks for bidding!