You find and shoot short biographical stories, working with photos or videos, written and spoken language, ambience sounds and music. Come to work with us if you want to use your creative skills to help others.
WHumans ([login to view URL]) is an international media project revolving around true stories from the lives of ordinary people. If the hero of a story is facing hardship, we provide the audience with the tools to help. Imagine Humans of New York ([login to view URL]), but in a format that combines pictures and/or short video sequences, text, audio and interactive elements. The project is going live in July.
WHumans is a non-profit project. Reporting for us is a form of social commitment rather than a source of income. We do, however, pay 20 Euros per story.
**What doesn’t matter:**
– Your location. Any country, any city, any village is interesting. Wherever you are – tell the stories you discover there.
– Your native language. You and your heroes can speak any language at all. We will make your story accessible to a wider audience by adding subtitles in several commonly spoken languages.
– Your schedule. You work whenever is convenient for you.
– Professional equipment and experience. The quality of your photos, video and audio should be high enough for comfortable viewing. Most smartphones are perfectly adequate.
**What is important:**
– Storytelling skills! We can help you with all the technical aspects from plot development and narrative structure to sound and video editing. But it all starts with your ideas, your knowledge of the world around you and your instinct for good stories.
– The desire and ability to talk to strangers.
– Curiosity. An interest in the human experience.
– If you do a good job, your work may tangibly change the lives of your subjects for the better.
For a more detailed impression of our stories, please check the creators' brief: [login to view URL]
Hit us up and send examples of any visual or other storytelling work you’ve done so far, be it your instagram or a story in a city magazine. This is one of the most interesting ways to make a difference in the world.